Tanja, from Helsinki in Finland, has been on the road with us in East and Southern Africa and South America since April 2013.
- What did you do for a living before becoming crew?
I was a project manager/coordinator.
- Why did you become Dragoman crew?
After couple of Dragoman trips, I noticed that I really like the overlanding lifestyle and decided to apply as a crew. And here I am!
- What's your favourite destination?
This is hard one. There is a big a variety of destinations, and I feel all of them are unique and have something to offer for everybody. But I think my best memories are from Eastern Africa. The Serengeti and Zanzibar are really worth visiting!
- What has been your favourite or most memorable occasion on the road?
Seeing a lion kill in the Serengeti, on my first Dragoman trip ever.
- What's the most essential item in your backpack?
- What is your one piece of advice to future overlanders/passengers?
Wherever you go, be open minded and live in the moment.